"Take the cookies when they're passed": embrace life's opportunities, don't hesitate or hold back. Explore. Experiment. This is your chance. This is your time. Don't let the cookies pass by. Life is too short.

Monday, July 12, 2010

My English Cottage Oshkosh Baby

Here's a little preview of what my baby WILL wear one day. I insist. These clothes are infinitely nicer than most contemporary items that babies sport these days. I much prefer the Old English-style romper, Irish sweater, linen dress kinda look. Although blue and white striped oshkosh overalls are an absolute must. No child should grow up without a pair. They're just plain old classic.


I love the little sheep on the cream Irish sweater and the adorable duckies on the yellow cotton dress. Simplicity is best as children don't tend to cope well with many layers and loose bits and bobs. I am also a fan of pale colored baby clothes, although I know how much of a risk this poses! It seems to me that babies in soft colored clothing merely scream for drips of chocolate ice cream to land upon them. Oh the price of beauty!        


Nevertheless, I am also an advocator for the funky, eclectic look (as the adorable boy in the last picture represents) and I will only encourage my children to choose what they want to wear. After all, children have such great imaginations and choosing their own outfits is a great way to let them express their inclinations and creativity. In my opinion, one of the most fascinating things is seeing a child walk down the street wearing frog wellington boots with stripy tights, a tutu, Irish woolen sweater, and a tiara, followed by another little girl wearing a prim and proper dress with ballet flats. Allowing a toddler to choose his or her outfit is allowing their identity to blossom. 

























No comments: