"Take the cookies when they're passed": embrace life's opportunities, don't hesitate or hold back. Explore. Experiment. This is your chance. This is your time. Don't let the cookies pass by. Life is too short.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Welcome to my (dream) Wedding






Bahaha, oh dear. I wanted to spread the word of my new blog so that it's not just a lonely, personal diary entry type thing but I accidentally added myself as a follower. So now I'm the only follower of my blog which looks rather lonely and silly, to say the least. The solution: stepping up the game by throwing in a dash of fashion, a sprinkle of design, and a pinch of giggly things into this soon-to-be soup of a blog. I want it to be diverse, interesting, and gripping so hopefully these ingredients will make my blog more appealing. I mean, ideally, it'll be more like a cookie than a soup. After all, cookies are infinitely more delicious and irresistible than soup and, most of all… Cookies. Are. ADDICTIVE.

So, to rope people into my "Taking The Cookies" blog, I will now introduce guest number one. The dress. I mean, THE dress. In fact, I'm going to be extra generous and go beyond just the dress to share bits and bobs of my dream wedding. I'm single, only 21, and ridiculously picky about my men, but meh, there's no harm in getting ready. Planning a wedding from an early age is like playing dress-up when you’re a little girl. It's just nice to escape into the future, into a land of hope and excitement, and to let-go of the present for a while. And to all those men that are creeped out by my dreamy wedding planning fetish, keep your knickers on (as the English say) because you’ll be relieved to know that I haven't gone to the extent of wedding cake testing. That's scheduled for next week...
The wedding’s going to take place in the backyard of our cabin at Lake Tahoe. It’ll be totally simple (froufrou is NOT invited) but unique. My main inspiration stems from Mark and Susan’s wedding in the unbeatable TV show “Desperate Housewives.” That is to say that it’ll be woodsy, lantern-filled, cute beyond belief, and comfortable. After all, I am utterly confused by those all too common hoity-toity, stiff, stick-up-the-bum kind of wedding. You know, the ones where you have to dress up in ugly, uncomfortable, church-like clothing and delicately munch on cake that tastes like plastic and play dough.
Ooo, The Cake. Yes, that topic always niggles my tiggle. I mean, who in their right mind spends hundreds, even thousands, even TENS of thousands on a CAKE! And a bad tasting cake at that. In my opinion, just go for a dressed-up Betty Crocker type chocolaty-gooey thing. Not a rigid, white, hard as rock and not at all cakey structure. Maybe I’m getting the wrong message about cake, but isn’t it supposed to be mmm’d over rather than just ahhh’d over. Perhaps I’m biased because I don’t like people that just stare at dessert. I’m a chocolate kinda gal so that’s what it’s gonna be. Completely Bruce Bogtrotter style. After all, that’s what people really want. Oh, and I also think it’ll be fun to have my little bridesmaids decorate the cake. That’ll keep ‘em occupied and allow them to feel as though they have done something SUPER for the wedding, which is true! Kid-decorated things are unbeatable. I say, screw the gold leaf and all the rest of it and pour on the sprinkles, chocolate chips, sour worms, and icing! Let’s go for the real deal…








        





 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

UM, I LOVE everything about your future wedding plans. I am supposed to be focusing on ONE thing right now, which is finding a job. Because without that, I mean who can really get married?? But alas, I've been swept up by your imaginations and am now looking into the distance (of my life) to alleviate traces of job-hunting stress. I want that cake with the trees and the deer, for one. And I also would very much like a woodsy decor as well. And a summer wedding filled with jasmine and peonies. With a live band, preferably of a friend's. Oh dear, I can sit here and dream and dream. And if by chance I end up as an old maid with 99 kitties...well, hey, I guess that's how the cookie crumbles ;)